Ms. Kennedy manages domestic and international trademark, copyright, trade dress, domain name and other cyberlaw matters for the firm. Much of her time is spent conducting trademark clearance searches and rendering opinions on availability and registrability; prosecuting applications for registration at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and the U.S. Copyright Office; recording registrations with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Office of Customs and Border Protection; and representing clients in disputes before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. She also counsels clients on the strategic use, policing, and enforcement of intellectual property to protect the investment in products, services, and ideas from the concept stage to the marketplace.
- Trademarking Your Brand in the Digital Age (6/4/15)
- NBC News “Decision 2014”; Copyright Law Commentator (9/14/14)
- UConn School of Law; Intellectual Property Law Panel; Faculty Representative (2/7/11)
- UConn School of Law; Intellectual Property Panel; Trademark Law Commentator (10/20/10)
- Connecticut Bar Association; “IP for the M&A Lawyer” Presenter (11/24/09)